From time to time, when using devices on Android, user may be faced with the fact that he lacks those features that the system provides by default. However, there is a way to expand the functionality and get full access to the system. To do this, it is enough to understand how Android is built from the inside.
Because the Android is built on the Linux kernel, it inherited one of the features of the OS – a privileged user (or root), which has the right to perform any operations on the system, including deleting and modifying system files. In Android, root access is the proper privileged access (superuser rights), through which the user receives full control over his device.
Root can be of three types:
- Full root – permanent access to the functionality of the device;
- Shell root – a truncated version of Full, when the change of the /system folder is not available;
- Temporary root – access is granted only until the device is rebooted.
Before proceeding to the methods of obtaining root-rights, it is important to take into account that this method is fraught with danger, especially for inexperienced users, such as:
- Deprivation of the warranty on the device;
- Probability of failure in case of incorrect actions.
Why then is it necessary? If the user did everything correctly and got the superuser rights on his device, he gets the following advantages:
- Changes to system and application files;
- Installing a wide variety of applications that require root for their work;
- Reflash the device;
- Removing applications embedded in the firmware;
- Using additional Android features;
- Improved performance with special applications.
There are many ways to get root, it can be done with or without a PC.
In order to get superuser rights without a PC, you need to use special applications, which in a couple of clicks hack the system and activate root. Such applications include:
- Kingo Root;
- And many others.
As a rule, the algorithm of actions for all of them is the same:
- Download the application and install it on your device.
- Run the application and wait for the completion of the rooting.
- Make sure that root is received.
If the user wants to get root access using a PC, he will need one of the rutting applications (usually APK applications of the same name) and debug resolution via USB on the device. It is also important to consider that the battery level of the device should be above 50%.
The algorithm of actions with this method is as follows:
- Download and install the program for rooting on PC.
- Activate USB debugging on the device (“Settings” > “For Developers”). If the section “For developers” on the device is missing, you need to go to the section “About the phone” and tap on the line “Assembly number” 7 times.
- If necessary, backup data from the internal memory of the phone.
- Connect the device via USB to the PC with the application running.
- When the device asks for debugging – enable it.
- Run the program and wait for the operation.
Typically, the above programs and applications can also perform the removal of root-rights, if necessary.